Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

First Stop! Utah




Utah!

When I went through the adoption process I was living in Utah.  4 days after I had given birth, I moved back to Washington and in with my parents. (August 2007)  It took me almost two years to return to Utah for the first time and it scared me!  I didn't know what emotions would climb to the surface just from being in the area that I was during my pregnancy and everything I had gone through with Marsh (sperm donor).  I knew that I wasn't going to be able to avoid it forever because my sister and her family and my best friend still lived there.

So I put Utah at the beginning of my road trip.  I thought that like many things you're afraid of, that it would be scary in anticipation but the experience would be a lot better than you had thought.

I was wrong!

Although I enjoyed my time with my sister's family and my best friend, I found the emotions that came back were much much more painful than I had anticipated and I could not wait to get out of Utah and move on with my road trip!

Some of the things I did in Utah -

Just a few hours after I got into Orem, Utah I went to Friday Kid's Respite!  It's a program where parents of kids that their child needs a lot more attention than any regular kid, can drop their child off for a couple of hours to go and do whatever they want.  Volunteers like myself are paired off with a kid and we're in charge of entertaining them for a few hours.  It was a lot of fun and probably the best way to start off my road trip!

The next morning Ambria (my best friend) and I and a few of her friends ventured off to Salt Lake for a viewing of Star Trek!  On the Imax theater in Salt Lake we were able to view and enjoy the awesome movie a week earlier than it came out in theaters for the public!  LOVED IT!

The rest of my time in Utah was spent with my sister's family where we celebrated my birthday and I enjoyed her fun families energy!  I spent 6 days in Utah.  I arrived on May 1st, 2009 and left on May 7th!

To be continued!  - Next Stop The Grand Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment