Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Frog Mann

My sister’s second youngest, Wabbai (two), has a great imagination! One of the weeks I was living with them, I had a nice cold and it made my voice all icky-scratchy. I told Wabbai that I had a frog in my throat. He thought that was so cool! Then he decided when my voice got better, that I had swallowed the frog and that was what was growing in my tummy. He also decided that he magically had a frog in his tummy too! That was how the nickname came about for the baby, Frog Mann. We also used the frog in Wabbai's stomach to our advantage, getting him to eat his breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so that his frog wouldn’t get hungry. Just like Bekah Boo. Imagining that we could hear the frog ribbeting in his belly, saying, “Feed me, feed me, rrrribbet!” Wabbai was the comic relief of the family. Unfortunately, most of the time during my stay, he was coming up with things to blame on me; things I didn’t or wouldn’t do. It gave Chubs a little break. Before I moved in, it was his not-yet one-year-old sister who was blamed for knocking the blocks down, taking his toys away, telling him he couldn’t do something, or was just plain getting in the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment