Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Quote from my book!

This was the day after the adoption and I had written in my journal about a letter I had received from Frog Mann's parents -

“He wasn’t sleeping very well in the crib they had, but then they put him in the bed with them and he slept for four hours. She (his mom) seemed very happy with that. She said he didn’t really cry, so that is good. I know he’s eventually going to be in the habit of crying when he needs things, but I’m glad he seems to be mellow tempered. I just want him to be good for them. It’s like a gift, and you always want to try and give the best gift so it’ll be the favorite. Well, he is one major gift and though I don’t want them to love him more than their other child, I want him to be the best he can be for them.”

3 comments:

  1. That's really touching. Not that I could ever understand what giving your baby up for adoption would feel like, but at least now - 5 months pregnant and feeling like I'm alraedy getting to "know" my babies - I think I have an inkling of what a difficult decision and experience it must be. Before being pregnant myself I couldn't have had the slightest clue of what that might feel like, if that makes sense.....anyhow, I think it's incredible that you gave them such an indescribable gift. It's really interseting to read these little snippets, I am glad you are writing about it! I told this to another friend who gave a baby up for adoption recently, but I really believe there has to be a special place in heaven for women who give this ultimate gift of a child to a family who can't have it otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I promise you that they love Frogg Mann just as much as they love their other child. I've known many who have adopted. They love him, period and no matter what. What a wonderful gift you did give them! It took me 3 years to get pregnant with my first and we began wondering if adoption was going to be our way to make a family. It is so (present tense) hard for you but know you have that little Mann a GREAT life with TWO parents two parents who love him and a birth mother who loves him too. I can't imagine how you feel . . . I guess I am just trying to give a tiny bit of comfort. You are great and I am glad to hear you are turning your life around! You have a very bright future, I promise!

    When you are up for it, I'd love to hear about or see a post of your full story of giving Frogg Mann up for adoption and everything you went through to get the birth parents and everything. But only when you are ready for something like that. I am sure it is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You! As for reading a post of the full story of the adoption, that's all in my yet-to-be published book "The Mann I've Become" It's the full story of what lead to having to make that choice of whether to keep my child or choose adoption as well as what life has been like after :) This blog is just one of the many stepping stones I'm taking in order to have my story published.

    I love the two comments, thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete