Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Gifts for the Birthmother!


Sorry it took me all day to get to this, between choreographing and running errands for my dancers and going through revisions my editor has laid out for me... I've been busy!  Here is an excerpt from my book and also an unknown fact unless you're a birthmother yourself!

Gifts for the Birthmother!
They don’t tell you this when you’re getting into the whole process, but when you meet a potential couple, they are told to bring a gift of items that are supposed to represent a little bit about their family and who they are. It was nice and unexpected and I’m a little ashamed; I felt guilty accepting both gifts and only being able to pick one couple. That’s not the only time either. For me, after choosing the couple, they were so caring and thankful that they sent flowers. They also brought another bouquet in the hospital with a gorgeous picture of Mary and baby Jesus; they also sent a Christmas gift and a framed picture. I always tease that by the time I get my own place, they will have decorated it for me. (Living with Marsh was like living in his favorite sports team’s gift shop!) I appreciated it very much. Logically, I believe that adoptive couples are very grateful and it must be so hard to think of how to express that thankfulness. The agency also gave a huge basket full of gifts; actually, this basket was made by a group of adopted mothers who wanted to do something for more birthmothers than the ones they adopted from. They even included their local church and other women who also wanted to be involved with making the baskets for birthmothers. In it were all sorts of things! Lots of things to pamper myself with, brushes, soaps, bath salts, books, music, a journal, a blanket, hair ties, etc, and of course CHOCOLATE! It was really neat and inspirational. Thank you, Ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment