Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Mann Alive!

It's 3 a.m. and I am sad to report that a certain conversation I had yesterday is causing me to lose sleep.


I really hate it when people try to talk about you when they don't really know you... ya dig?  For example, telling someone they have trust issues when their only example is that you don't trust the entire world with access and information about your biological child.  I'm sorry world, but what fit parent trusts you with their baby?  


In order to help create buzz and the building of a platform for my soon-to-be-published book "The Mann I've Become" I created a separate facebook page that has a direct link to a community page for my book and this blog.  Why?  Because I have pictures and information about my biological child on my personal facebook page that I don't want just anyone to have access to.  It's not my problem some people are too naive to understand the biological need to protect children.  Sure I gave my child up for adoption and he may not be in my direct care, but that doesn't mean I don't have the responsibility to still protect him as much as I can.  Just because I gave him up for adoption doesn't mean that that need to protect him was severed when I placed him with his family.  What would you do?  


I don't really care if anyone attacks me personally but any mention of Frog Mann in any negative terms is a "no fly zone!"  


I've recently started dating again and after I gently told the last guy I went on a date with that I didn't see anything happening between us, he proceeded to tell me off.  He told me I am damaged and I have trust issues because of my silliness surrounding my need to protect Frog Mann's identity.  I'm sorry he doesn't understand what it's like to have that instinct to protect your own but just because you don't understand something, doesn't make it wrong!  He obviously doesn't know me at all and especially has no idea what I've been through in the past 7 years.  Not saying he should feel sorry for me or that anyone should feel sorry for me, but if you're going to judge someone for their actions, shouldn't you know why they do things a certain way?  Can you really understand a person's actions without first understanding what experiences they've had in life that factors into those actions?  Can men even begin to comprehend what type of bond forms from carrying a child for 9 months?  


Anyway, I shouldn't of let it get to me but it did.  Frog Mann will forever be a part of me, in some ways he will be the piece of me that is missing.  Even though I've never second guessed myself in the choice I made, doesn't mean it hurt any less or that it makes the grieving process any easier.  


My advice to any future men who want to date me...  Get to know me, ask questions about the things you don't understand, be open and honest, and try to understand that even though Frog Mann may not of ever of been "mine" that doesn't mean I don't still feel responsible in protecting him.  Understand that it is in Frog Mann's best interests that I keep his anonymity intact, not mine.  Understand that you will never convince me otherwise and if you have anything negative to say about Frog Mann directly or indirectly, I won't tolerate it at all!  Children are off limits!  Going there is a great way to anger me and also hurt me.  


What's a Mann to do?

2 comments:

  1. Bekah----I don't know if anyone has told you lately, but you are one of the most amazing people I ever had a chance to know ( even if it was 10+ years ago in high school, you made my days a little brighter knowing you were-and are- one of the best people worth knowing)

    ----jennie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you aren't comfortable talking about Frog then it isn't up to this guy to tell you otherwise. Everyone has things they keep private and it is a matter of respecting that person that you don't trespass on that. If you are supposed to know about that person's secrets, they will decide when they want to tell you and not the other way around.


    Grrrrrrrr. I won't lie I kinda want to hurt this guy.

    ReplyDelete