Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Questions From A Reader

I've been fortunate enough to have a strong following of my facebook page and blog, some of the emails and comments I've received I've featured and some of the more personal comments or questions I've received I've kept for myself.  Perks of being the author :)


I'm sorry I didn't write for Saturday, after my 4 hour dance practice with my girls I went to my nieces basketball game, then she and I hit the town!  We ate horribly, had a lot of girl talk and watched Gnomeo and Juliet, btw, I totally recommend seeing it in the theater while you still can!  By the time I got home I was exhausted!!  Horrible excuse I know...


So!  I received two questions from a reader, they asked "When did you start writing your book?"  and "Why did it take you so long?"  


Both very good questions and thank you for your interest!


I started writing my book while I was still pregnant back in 2007.  I've always been a writer, as in, I write everything down, I've written in a lot of journals, and it's always been a great coping mechanism for me when times were tough.  A healthy coping mechanism I would find out.  When I started my book I was so angry with myself that it was mostly just me venting venting venting....  


No one likes a complainer.


Eventually it would turn into my story of how I got myself in that situation (not married, pregnant, abandoned, and feeling alone) and now it's turned into something that is so much more than I ever thought it would be.  Sure there are themes that are not fun to talk about but my life has always felt much like a comedy and I've incorporated a lot of my humor and the humor of my family in the book.  It's fun for me to go back and read my original notes and then witness the transformation it took.  Why it took so long to transform, well that's gonna be hard for me to explain.


Grief was and is a huge part of my journey.  Every time I would start working on my book it would always take me to a pretty dark place.  If I let myself, I can still find that harsh pain I experienced with the adoption.  I can only live in that place in short spurts, who would want to live in that place for longer than they have to?  We've all had experiences in our lives that change us forever.  The experience seeps into every aspect of our lives and sometimes can become overwhelming.  I find that when I work on my book and focus on it solely, I also talk about it a lot.  I find so many ways to connect it to my everyday life that eventually it drives me nuts.  Not literally but I do get annoyed with myself.  One secret to life is balance, and this time around I found mine.  I finally found a way to complete my work, not let it consume me, and become happier.  That's a pretty big achievement for me.  I guess you'll have to read my book to see just how I got there.  


Keep writing, I love the comments and emails I have received. 


Remember...  There is always hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment