Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Mann Mondays!

Five more of my little things!

Nail Polish Mania!
I love nail polish! Sometimes I like to put nail polish on my fingernails but mostly I put it on my toenails! Even though it is still a little too chilly outside for sandals, since I'm a dance teacher/choreographer, I do get to spend a lot of time (indoors) barefoot! To keep things interesting I like to color-coordinate my toenail polish with whatever outfit I'm going to wear.

Also! Since I am the best aunt in the world, I always keep a diverse collection of nail polish nearby. 75% of the nail polish I own I would never wear myself (because of the colors) it's all for my nieces benefit :) LOVE THEM!!

These are a few of the nail polish brands that I love!

1. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Polish - If you're looking for a nail polish that dries fast and lasts, this is the nail polish brand I recommend.




2. Sally Hansen Salon Nail Lacquer - If you have some time and want a nail polish that you won't have to do layers on layers, this is the brand I would recommend and is my favorite.

3. Opi Nail Lacquer - My nieces seem to like this brand because of the different colors they provide, I like the salon quality.

4. Sinful Colors Professional - Again, my nieces like the colors they provide.

5. Claire's Mood Nail Polish - This isn't like hypercolor (where if you breathe on it then it will change colors) this nail polish reacts to your body temperature. So it's a lot of fun to wear when I get hot flashes!

Have a great Monday!

- Moments after I placed Frog Mann in his mother’s loving arms, I started to say my goodbyes to his family and to the wonderful staff that took care of me and Frog Mann for almost three days in the hospital.  As the nurses were lining up to give me hugs, one bent down and whispered in my ear “You did a good thing today… Take some time to heal, and be good to yourself.”  There are many ways that her advice could have been interpreted, but I have always thought that on some level she was telling me to focus on myself and to enjoy the little things in life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment