Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Savior of the World

My Saturdays!

You may have read a few of my posts or blurbs about myself and I mentioned dance rehearsals or my dancers or my girls, etc... This is what I was talking about!




"Savior of the World is a musical dramatic production produced by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It premiered November 28, 2000 in the Conference Center Theater on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, Utah and has been presented annually near the Easter and Christmas holidays, though the Easter performances have not occurred on Temple Square since 2005.
Fully titled "Savior of the World: His Birth and Resurrection", the production depicts the Biblical accounts of the events surrounding the birth and death of Jesus Christ. Scripting and music have been fluid during the history of the production, as revisions of the materials have occurred from one year to the next. However the core of the production has always focused on the birth of Jesus for Act I and Jesus' resurrection for Act II.

Primary Purpose and Objective:

1.  To Strengthen Testimonies and Help Bring All Unto Christ
2.  To Help our Non-member Neighbors Recognize that We Believe in Christ"

The Richland Stake (click here for definition of Stake) is putting on their own production of Savior of the World in April and for the very first time they are including a few dance numbers. 

(That's where I come in.)

I was recruited to come up with three original dance numbers to fit the style of the play. The style for two of the numbers is traditional Israeli Folk dancing and the third number is more ballet than anything else. It's a real treat and has been an amazing experience so far, but also extremely intimidating to be the first! Especially, with how important this production is to the LDS church, the members, and the powerful message it brings during the Easter season. I love my dancers to death and I love this play! Maybe, after the performances, I will be able to show the dance numbers (and only the dance numbers) on my blog. Fingers Crossed!

Please be as respectful of my religion as I am of yours. Thank You! Have an excellent Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment