Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Mann-ic Monday :)


Mann Mondays!

This Week's Five Little Things:

1. I love organizing things. Albeit, things don't tend to stay organized but that just means I get to rearrange and organize everything all over again! PLUS! That also means I can find fun ways to help me stay organized, which brings me to my next four little things:


2. Notebooks! I have ten times as many notebooks as I do journals. I've always loved writing things down, whether it be journaling, to-do lists, other lists, random thoughts, different projects, etc etc etc.. I write it all down!


3. Of course, in order to write everything down I need something to write with! I like to keep a range of different colored and different types of ink pens close by at all times. Whether I'm color coordinating different sections of projects or I'm writing my nieces and nephews fun letters to mail to them, different pens keep things interesting.



4. I HEART POST-ITS! I use post-its almost as much as I use notebooks. When I was collecting thoughts and different ideas, for my Mann-uscript, post-its helped a lot. One thought per tiny post-it and a different color for the category the thought went into. Then after I collected my thoughts and ideas, I would rearrange them chronologically and so on.


5. I don't think I have to tell you the wide range Sharpies have. They're wonderful and they keep ordinary things fun and fresh. My favorite use is when my family goes to the Oregon Coast for a week. To try and keep our waste and the amount of dishes we have to a minimum, we have one plastic cup and we write our names on them. The variety of colors is fun and the cups tend to be more decorated than labeled :)








- Moments after I placed Frog Mann in his mother’s loving arms, I started to say my goodbyes to his family and to the wonderful staff that took care of me and Frog Mann for almost three days in the hospital.  As the nurses were lining up to give me hugs, one bent down and whispered in my ear “You did a good thing today… Take some time to heal, and be good to yourself.”  There are many ways that her advice could have been interpreted, but I have always thought that on some level she was telling me to focus on myself and to enjoy the little things in life again.




1 comment:

  1. Love them all--I like pens, and notebooks too!! I think I need to go buy some more :) I should journal more though.

    ReplyDelete