Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's A Mann's World!

My Saturdays!

I had the pleasure of going to see my old high school's rendition of "Anything Goes" last night.  It was so much fun!  I love love love the theater!

It made my brain start reminiscing over all of the musicals I have been able to enjoy over the years and, of course, why I started dancing in the first place.  When I was 2, I saw the movie "Annie" for the first time and from then on out I decided that I was going to dance.  I've always considered myself lucky enough to have parents that were willing to support my passion for dance rather than push me to achieve in areas where I had no interest.

I was also fortunate enough to grow-up with a mother that loved watching old movies, especially musicals!  It was a great way to enjoy another aspect of my passion, The Stage!  *Queue Music*  :)

If you've never had the chance or just don't know where to start when it comes to musical movies, I recommend starting with one of these:

1. West Side Story (1961) with Natalie Wood



2. The Wizard of Oz (1939) with Judy Garland


3.  The Sound of Music (1965) with Julie Andrews


4. Fiddler On The Roof (1971) with Chaim Topol as Tevye - If I was a rich Mann? NO? :)


5.  How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying (1967) with Robert Morse


6.  Bye Bye Birdie (1963) with Dick Van Dyke, Maureen Stapleton, Janet Leigh, Paul Lynde, Bobby Rydell, and the ever-so-unforgettable Ann-Margaret



Go Forth! Enjoy! Have A Great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment