Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wow! I'm the minority!

Birthmother Thursdays!

As you read what this woman wrote, keep in mind that approximately 90+ percent of birthmothers feel they were manipulated or told they didn't have a choice when they chose adoption. I'm the minority! It's my theory that the problem lies with the agencies. My agency, LDS Family Services, told me they would support whichever choice I decided to make (becoming a single mother or a birthmother... abortion was never an option).

Let me know your reaction to what this poor woman writes about adoption and fostering a child--

"There are some folks who have had so awful experiences with adoptions, adoptees and birth mothers who feel that they were exploited and their rights to be with the family of their birth were stolen from them. They seem to be more forgiving of people who foster children, who are very abused and neglected. To them the very worst person on earth are people who adopt infants (like I am in the process of doing), because we are, as I understand it, infertile baby stealing monsters who take advantage of poor women and use them as human incubators in order to fulfill their own selfish sick needs to have children. Through my agency I would like to adopt a child under a year, preferably older than a month (so the child has been born and decisions have been made before I come into the picture). I use to feel guilty about doing infant adoption, but not any more. I've encountered such hateful abusive sick attitudes that I've gone the other way on the matter, nothing like hitting me over the head with an emotional baseball bat to send me in the other direction. If the idea is to change minds and hearts to what they want, they are going about it the wrong way. I do think there are some changes in the system that need to be made, but I don't think I am doing anything wrong by adopting and won't apologize for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment