Mixing Things Up!

Mann Mondays - Enjoying the little things in life! Writing Tuesdays - Tips and tricks for writing your own book! Adventure Wednesdays - Join me on my adventure in finding an agent and getting published! Birthmother Thursdays - Learning about being a birthmother! Feature Fridays - Other blogs, articles, websites, and ideas not from me! My Saturdays - What else is going on in this Mann's world! Sunday Quotes - My favorite quotes or quotes from readers who have submitted for Sunday's Blog!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why?

Writing Tuesdays!

One tip that I found that outweighed a lot of the advice I had researched!

Why is this important? Or why is your topic important? Or Why will your book be important? etc etc etc....

Answering the "why" question will keep your writing from becoming too vague. It will also propel the reader forward. Don’t just state a fact – tell why that fact is important in the context of your piece.

In my book, The Mann I've Become, I had to be especially careful to not skip the "why?" question. I gave facts in my Mann-uscript but I would then relay them into my own experiences, thus sharing why those facts were important.

No comments:

Post a Comment